About the job
As the LPGA Tour continues to expand it’s event properties portfolio, the team is looking for a strategic and seasoned event manager to lead sponsorship and hospitality activation, manage a robust volunteer program, and ensure an amazing experience for event partners, volunteers, players, and caddies. You’ll help provide the organization backbone required to execute a premier global event on the LPGA Tour.
This is a highly cross-functional role, as you will collaborate across internal teams including, sales & partnerships, operations, marketing & communications, creative, and finance.
The right candidate will be able to work as part of a team, exude strong personal, creative and organizational skills, and offer an extremely detailed work product. High level of oral and written communication skills are required for this position.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage volunteer program inclusive of recruiting, training, and retention of volunteers to support the event.
- Organize volunteer uniforms including ordering, inventory management, and distribution.
- Assist with volunteer training and production of training material when necessary.
- Attend and participate in community events to help foster local relationships.
- Create partnership proposals, manage, and track partnership inventory.
- Manage and track end-to-end client activations.
- Support corporate and community partnership team with partnership fulfilment.
- Monitor and track status of partnership pipeline and contracts.
- Provide excellent customer service to volunteers, partners, and sponsors.
- Responsible for tracking, accounting, and distribution of ticket sales and ticketing platform.
- Manage relationship with host hotel to include room reservations and scheduling events.
- Support event leadership team with planning and executing Pro-Am.
- Create post-event client recaps.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in brand management, events, account management or program management for sports league/time, or sports marketing agency.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve and work effectively under pressure while working as both part of a team as well as independently.
- Capacity to become an expert on client’s brand and state of client’s industry.
- Previous collaboration experience with internal and external groups
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude.
- History in building positive staff, and client relationships, as well as managing “up and down.”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with content creation (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, WordPress).
- Ability and flexibility to travel and weekend/holiday work as needed, approximately 10% of the year (travel).
- Must be available to work full time in Massachusetts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Posted on Oct 9, 2023.