About the role
The content team is responsible for creating an engaging customer experience through content. This will range from producing fitness classes to creating marketing materials or any other form of video or photo content that contributes to how customers engage with the Flexia brand. The content team will work closely with the product team and the marketing and sales team to ensure a consistent brand experience that delights customers.
In your role as Flexia’s Videographer, you will report directly to the Head of Content and be primarily responsible for the filming and production of Flexia video and some photographic content. You will work closely with a variety of on-screen talent and the Head of Content. This role manages the filming location in Berkeley, CA, including all pre- and post-video production related activities. The content the instructors will be teaching is designed and directed by the Head of Content.
- Technical Filming Skills + Knowledge
- Set up and manage the on-site film set in Oakland, CA
- Advise Flexia on which equipment to buy or rent to fit the budget and production quality standards we desire. (Some equipment already exists.)
- Setup, operate, store, and maintain all filming and audio equipment.
- Occasionally shoot photos on or off-site for content marketing campaigns.
- Film fitness classes using a 3 camera setup and edit audio and video for final delivery to the Head of Content and product team.
- Create and streamline the process for planning a shoot, filming, editing, and approving content for launch.
- Work with the Head of Content to manage the department budget.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments to ensure content can support their initiatives as well as its own at the direction of the Head of Content.
- Obsessively shorten the creation cycle to make iterating on new content as time and cost efficient as possible.
- Comfortable directing on-screen talent: ensure Flexia’s content production standards are met with instructors on-camera.
- Knowledgeable: able to make gear recommendations appropriate for Flexia’s budget and filming space.
- Adobe Creative Suite expert: extensive experience using Adobe products to produce content
- Data-literate: able to create and measure key performance metrics related to this role.
- Passionate: about Pilates or other fitness and its life-changing benefits, as well as working in a collaborative and ambitious work environment.
- Hungry: strong desire to continuously learn and grow your career.
- A “driver” mentality: you take initiative, anticipate questions, think creatively about what’s next, and grasp on to every available opportunity for personal growth.
- Team player: able to collaborate horizontally within the team to streamline processes, resolve problems, and create.
- Master communicator: you thrive keeping the status of your work communicated to your collaborators.
Who We are
Flexia helps people build strength, flexibility, and mindfulness through Pilates with our smart Reformer and online studio. We believe that mindful movement is integral to creating and sustaining an active, happy lifestyle and we want to make exercise enjoyable and help people feel confident in their bodies. We do this by providing an energizing and low-impact way of working out at home on our patent-pending smart Pilates Reformer.
This is an on-location position based at Flexia’s office in Oakland, CA and will require working/filming on some weekends.
- Health + life insurance
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Continuing education stipend
$90,000-$100,000 + 0.25% equity