Launched in 2019, League One Volleyball (LOVB) is a mission-led sports performance, training and media lifestyle venture that will change the game of volleyball, the most popular sport for girls in the US.
LOVB is one holistic ecosystem for club and pro volleyball. We support athletes through their entire journey - from prep to pro. We are launching our professional league in the US from the grassroots up, with each pro team built from a foundation of ambitious junior clubs located across the country. We are paving a path to successful careers - both on and off the court.
League One Volleyball (LOVB) is made up of a conscious melding of highly diverse talents into a true volleyball community. This passionate team is the key to our success and all of us are committed to making LOVB the best place to work and belong.
LOVB offers a compelling, diverse and inclusive culture, and an inspiring environment for professional development. We are breaking new ground for volleyball in the US and our entire team shares in this mission of enabling LOVB for Life.
LOVB is seeking its first VP of People to join our growing team. The VP of People will provide thought leadership, serve as a trusted advisor and business partner, and ensure that all People practices, policies systems, tools and resources are in alignment with LOVB's values and prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Be subject matter expert on all People related organizational aspects including but not limited to: Talent acquisition, engagement, organizational design, succession planning, talent operations and performance management.
- Partner closely with organizational leaders to define, plan and execute short and long-term strategic initiatives in alignment with business objectives.
- Identify areas of opportunities, propose, plan and execute on those ideas to continually strengthen LOVB's culture and brand as an employer of choice.
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Human Resources, Master's preferred
- 8+ years of People experience with a minimum of 5+ years in organizational development, preferably in the start up space.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in talent relations, employment laws and compliance with the ability to integrate applicable changes effectively and timely.
- Experience developing, implementing, and facilitating training around new policies, practices, systems, tools and resources.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to map out a project, effectively manage stakeholder's expectation and drive towards completion
- Experience working across multiple digital platforms to organize and manage parallel workstreams (e.g., MS Office, Teams, SharePoint, Bigin, DocuSign, etc.)
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP Certification preferred
Capability & Other Personal Characteristics:
- Exceptional business acumen with the ability to utilize critical thinking to research, leverage, and synthesize macro events and activities to enhance and strengthen the People function.
- Demonstrated communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with a passion for female empowerment in sports-media
- Outstanding facilitation and negotiation skills with the ability to engage all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity, practice sound judgement, build and foster trust.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a fluid environment, be resourceful and creatively find solutions to meet the tasks and challenges at hand.
- Flexibility to work anywhere in the US (primarily over Zoom and digital platforms) with willingness to travel for site visits and other business- related destinations
- Reports to the CEO based in Los Angeles, California
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. LOVB is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.