Who We Are.
The Women’s Sports Foundation is an ally, advocate and catalyst for tomorrow’s leaders. We exist to enable girls and women to reach their potential in sport and life. Founded by Billie Jean King in 1974, we are committed to achieving equality, diversity and inclusion in sports, and value teamwork, resilience and innovation. We are building a future where every girl and woman can #KeepPlaying and unlock limitless possibilities through the lifelong benefits of sport participation.
About The Opportunity.
The Up2Us Sports VISTA project builds the capacity of host-site organizations working to end the cycle of poverty through intentional youth sports and education programming. The Up2Us Sports VISTA will be placed at Women’s Sports Foundation to increase brand and programmatic awareness through marketing and communications efforts.
We will count on you in the following areas.
Collaborate with the Marketing & Partnerships and Communications departments with externally facing strategic initiatives and programs.
- Facilitate communication to the Foundation’s supporters and partners by assisting with the development of Partner Quarterly Newsletters and WSF Monthly Newsletters.
- Track email requests, events, social media and/or content marketing related to WSF.
- Create and edit copy for various marketing and communications channels (WSF social, digital), ensuring consistent voice.
- Assist with content and social media marketing programs, including public relations efforts.
- Maintain the WSF online store by researching new products, developing new content and tracking inventory.
Maintain a WSF Marketing and Communications archive for internal tracking purposes.
- Maintain the WSF media coverage tracker with relevant and up-to-date media mentions.
- Gather, upload, and organize content assets from various WSF events to the primary WSF mainframe database.
- Track and store digital and social content related to WSF partner campaigns including WSF posts, athlete posts, and partner posts.
Increase prospecting, cultivation, and engagement for WSF partners
- Stay abreast of sports/marketing industry publications and platforms to expand the WSF Corporate and National Partner prospect list.
- Research companies, create briefing documents, and present findings/recommendations to the WSF team on partnership opportunities.
- Develop recap reports to summarize, track, and record partnerships and campaigns. Identify and record best practices to inform future activations.
Research and Implementation of the the WSF Annual Salute to Women in Sports Gala (run by the WSF Development department)
- Research best practices on hosting in-person galas and auctions and fundraising segments.
- Assist the Marketing team with the creation and logistics of gala materials.
- Create with the Communications team gala press and attendee materials.
- Provide general event support and act as a guest relations liaison at the in-person gala on October 12, 2023.
Salary: Salary paid in the form of a stipend; semi monthly by AmeriCorps