About the job
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a newsroom writer to shape and strengthen the CityNews brand as our news operations expand from scheduled newscasts to all-day live news on our streaming channels.
The ideal candidate has competence in many of the skills required to work in a modern, multi-platform, continuous news operation, and an aptitude and desire to learn more. Writing, chasing, researching, digital storytelling, pitching, interviewing, vetting, posting, basic shooting and desktop editing – you have, or with training are on your way to having, the ability to create journalistic content from the idea stage to publishing or broadcast.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working independently or as part of a team, you will create fast-paced, compelling and informative news content for our 24/7 streaming channels and our scheduled newscasts that you write and edit.
- Pitching during daily creative brainstorms and story meetings.
- Emailing, Tweeting, calling and interviewing people as you chase, research, and create enterprise or breaking news content, as well as content for our new prime time news specials.
- Creating, independently or as part of a team, innovative video content optimized for streaming and digital platforms.
- Ensuring that content is factually and grammatically correct.
What You Will Bring...
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment.
- Superior writing, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- You know how to edit, if not, you are willing to learn.
- Shift work required (mornings, evenings and weekends).
- An appetite to learn and grow.
Here’s What You Can Expect In Return
- A competitive salary and benefits which include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks, including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- All equipment and technology required for you to perform your role provided prior to your start.
- Leadership which supports your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
Schedule Full time
Length of Contract Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location 180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID 294756
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes Rogers Sports & Media